Longshoremen and Harbor Worker Injuries
Aggressive lawyers demanding justice in workplace cases
The complicated state and federal laws involved may give insurance companies the feeling they can control the claim process, and control you. Tell them you mean business. We know how to put the law on your side to pursue maximum compensation. Contact us right away: 1-866-275-4563.
Maine's longshoremen and harbor workers have long played a vital role in our economy. As they are throughout the country, Maine harbor workers who are injured while loading, unloading, repairing, or constructing a vessel are covered under federal law, Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA).
Types of longshoremen and harbor worker injuries
The following conditions are a few examples of what may cause injuries to longshoremen and harbor workers:
- Poorly secured cargo or equipment.
- Malfunctioning safety equipment.
- Ice, oil, solvents or other materials making footing unsafe.
- Collision between vessels or vessel crashing into dock.
At the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein, we have extensive experience with all manner of workplace cases, from LHWCA cases to workers' compensation and wrongful termination. We can help injured longshoremen and harbor workers with their LHWCA claims, tending to all the details, such as:
- Ensuring employer has been notified within the time period required by law.
- Filing formal claim with Department of Labor within the time period required by law.
Workplace accidents deserve proper legal attention. Call Joe today. Delay may affect your rights.
Our experienced attorneys have helped more than 25,000 Mainers just like you move forward after a workplace accident. Contact our offices today at 1-866-275-4563.