Who is Eligible for Veterans Disability Benefits in Maine?

To be eligible to receive veterans disability benefits in Maine, you must have been discharged from military service under other-than-dishonorable conditions. Active service is considered full-time service for members of the United States Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard. In addition, commissioned officers of the Public Health Service, Environmental Services Administration and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration may be eligible to collect disability benefits.

Military veterans who sustained the following types of illnesses and injuries while actively serving in the military may be eligible for compensation:

  • Combat wounds
  • PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
  • TBI (Traumatic brain injury)
  • Chemical exposure
  • Loss of a limb
  • Pre-existing injuries or illnesses aggravated by military service
  • Other service-connected medical problems

If your veterans disability benefits claim is denied, we encourage you to contact the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein right away: 1-866-275-4563. We can help connect you with a veterans disability benefits attorney with the experience and resources necessary to secure the compensation you deserve. We work closely with accredited attorneys who are tough litigators and strong negotiators with decades of experience.

Contact the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein today. Find out how we can help you.

Filing a veterans disability benefits claim in Maine can be a complicated process. It's not unusual for a claim to be denied. But decisions made by the Veterans Administration (VA) over benefit eligibility can be appealed. You have options. You have the legal right to file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD). You can request another review by the Regional Officer, or you can appeal a claim to the Board of Veteran Appeals. In some cases, an appeal may be filed with the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims or qualify for Federal Circuit Court review.

You've served your country. The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein is ready to serve you. You may be eligible for disability compensation if you have a service-connected disability and were discharged under other-than-dishonorable conditions.  Call our offices today for a free case consultation.  Call 1-866-275-4563. There is never an upfront fee for representation, and we only get paid if you are successful in obtaining an award of disability benefits.

Send Article envelop

Sender Email*:
Recipient Email*: