What Your Attorney Will Need From You
Social Security Disability cases have high stakes: We are ready to fight for you.
When you go to your first meeting with your attorney, bring all your Social Security papers, which might include denial notices, decision and appeal forms. If you have a copy of your medical records, bring them, too. Additional information that will help the attorney make a thorough evaluation of your case includes:
- Names and addresses of the doctors you have seen for your disability.
- The dates and number of times you visited doctors.
- The names and addresses of any health care facility where you were treated (inpatient or outpatient).
- The dates you received these treatments.
- A list of any prescription medication you are taking, with dosage and name of prescribing doctor.
- A list of your employment history over the preceding fifteen years, with a brief description of your job duties.
No-risk legal representation means no fee unless you win
At the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein, most Social Security cases are accepted on a contingent fee basis. There is no fee if you lose (although you will be obligated to pay for the attorney's out-of-pocket expenses related to representing your case, such as ordering copies of medical reports).
The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein calculates the fee based on 25% of past due benefits. This does not affect your regular monthly benefits. In a few cases, we use a different method of calculating a fee. It is important to note that Social Security Regulations require that any attorney fees be approved by the Social Security Administration prior to payment.
The initial denial of a Social Security Disability claim is not a dead end: Talk to our expert attorneys. We reverse the government's decision in the majority of cases we take on.
Call the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein today at 1-866-275-4563. There is no fee or obligation for an initial consultation. And if we take your case, we don't get paid until you win. You have rights; we're ready to help. Contact our offices right away.