Maine Lawyers Working for Maine People
Workplace Abuse, Harassment or Violence
Workplace harassment cases call for assertive legal representation
A hostile work environment is a violation of your rights. If you've been subject to workplace harassment, you deserve an experienced attorney on your side. Turn to the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein for a free and confidential consultation. We have experience pursuing such claims to the maximum extent the law allows. We work relentlessly for harassment victims who may have lost their jobs, been wrongly denied a promotion or have suffered discrimination, among other sources of harassment. Call us right away at 1-877-294-6813.
If an employer does not adequately enforce workplace laws regarding abuse, harassment, or violence, or does not supervise the workplace effectively to prevent it from occurring, an employee may have recourse against the employer under state and federal law.
Employees have the right to work free from any discrimination based on:
- National origin
Employees subjected to slurs or epithets based on race or to sexual advances may have recourse against their employer even if it is fellow employees who have made the remarks or advances.
Examples of workplace abuse or harassment:
- Unwelcome requests for dates
- Threats of termination for refusing to engage in sexual conduct.
- Sexually offensive jokes.
- Staring or leering in a sexual manner.
- Displaying or circulating racist, sexist, sexually explicit material or putting such material in someone's work station.
- Isolating or ignoring an employee based on his or her sexual orientation.
- Isolating or ignoring an employee based on his or her religious affiliation.
Many factors influence a workplace case. Joe can help. Call now.
All across Maine, workplace abuse or harassment has an impact on families. But your rights are firmly rooted in the law. We can help you get back on your feet. Our experienced attorneys can help with insurance claims, police reports, gathering witness statements, and all other aspects to support your case.